Antique Furniture/Display Hutch with Buffet

Question
Hutch2
Hutch2  
Hutch1
Hutch1  
QUESTION: We have a beautiful display hutch that we bought from a couple that her mother had just passed. I was working at a worldwide moving company and they were moving all her belongings from the house so it could be sold.  We are in dire financial situation since my husband just had neck surgery and has been off work for quite some time now.
We would like to know a value...although we have no idea the manufacturer, wood type, year of production or anything about the piece.  It has beautiful curved, beveled glass in the top and bottom. The top piece is lighted. I also have a few more pictures if needed.

Dimensions are:  92" H x 68" W (split @ 44" H)

ANSWER: Hi Cristan,

Your Hutch/Breakfront appears from your photo to be made of Cherry wood.
I was not able to come up with a manufacturer but I feel it
dates  to the 1950's.

As for a value I can tell you that pieces of this form are not very
popular in today's marketplace. Therefore a value of $250.  to $300.
would be the range.

Hope your husband is feeling better.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

QUESTION: We were told it could be light mahogany...is that not true?  $250-$300??  I've found many online with much less detail than ours for much much more....

Answer
Hi Cristan,

It's hard to tell from the photo but its possible that it is made of mahogany.

As far as pricing, you can ask whatever you wish but the form is not what I
would consider desirable.

Here is what I would consider a desirable form.
http://www.americanainteriors.com/catalog/CW158WilliamsburgBreakfront.html

With my 45 year involvement in the furniture business I have seen Breakfronts
dramatically decline in value.

Best,
George

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III