Antique Furniture/Display Hutch with Buffet

QUESTION: We have a beautiful display hutch that we bought from a couple that her mother had just passed. I was working at a worldwide moving company and they were moving all her belongings from the house so it could be sold.  We are in dire financial situation since my husband just had neck surgery and has been off work for quite some time now.
We would like to know a value...although we have no idea the manufacturer, wood type, year of production or anything about the piece.  It has beautiful curved, beveled glass in the top and bottom. The top piece is lighted. I also have a few more pictures if needed.

Dimensions are:  92" H x 68" W (split @ 44" H)

ANSWER: Hi Cristan,

Your Hutch/Breakfront appears from your photo to be made of Cherry wood.
I was not able to come up with a manufacturer but I feel it
dates  to the 1950's.

As for a value I can tell you that pieces of this form are not very
popular in today's marketplace. Therefore a value of $250.  to $300.
would be the range.

Hope your husband is feeling better.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

QUESTION: We were told it could be light that not true?  $250-$300??  I've found many online with much less detail than ours for much much more....

Hi Cristan,

It's hard to tell from the photo but its possible that it is made of mahogany.

As far as pricing, you can ask whatever you wish but the form is not what I
would consider desirable.

Here is what I would consider a desirable form.

With my 45 year involvement in the furniture business I have seen Breakfronts
dramatically decline in value.

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.