Antique Furniture/Early 1900s Grand Rapids dresser

GR dresser
GR dresser  

Trademark sticker
Trademark sticker  
I  inherited this dresser  and I would like to sell it but I have no idea what it is worth.  I do not want to over charge or under charge.  I have looked all over the Internet to try to find another one  like it but I can't seem to find any.  I would appreciate if you could possibly help me out on this.  It has mahogany number 609  and order number 268  stamped and written on the back  it also has the triangle grand rapids registered trademark sticker in the top  drawer.

Hi Kathleen,

Your Grand Rapids Mahogany Chest was most likely made in the 1930's to 1940's.
The style of the chest is not taken from a period design and is done
in a stylized manor. Not a very good design.

Therefore the value would be in the range of $125. to $175. to a willing buyer.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.