Antique Furniture/Furniture

Mr. Harrison,
These pieces are part of a bedroom set made by West Michigan Furniture Company in Holland, Michigan. It was purchased in the 1940ís. I want to know if they are considered antique and what would be the approximate value? Thank you for your time.

Hi Linda,

In order for a piece of furniture to be considered an antique it must be 100 years old
or older.
What you have is stylized French furniture in the Louis 15th style. Not good reproductions
therefore effecting the value in a negative way.
As for a value from what I can see being the high chest and double dresser they have
a value of $75. to $100. each.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.