Antique Furniture/James S. Topham Foot Locker with lock fitting missing barrel key, Civil War Era?

Identifying Elements- One of Two
Identifying Elements-  

Front View- Two of Two
Front View- Two of Two  
Hello Mr. Klein,

I found this foot locker at an estate sale this weekend, it has been gently cleaned and waxed. The dimensions are 33.25"L x 14.25"H x 15"W. When was it manufactured?
How would you set about replacing the missing barrel key?
Are these handles made of iron?
Has someone refinished it post-manufacture?

Thank you for your time,

I would like to refer you to another contributor on named Marvin Miller.  He is the absolute guy to go to about trunks.

Although there are several things I can tell you about your trunk, Mr. Miller is the guy!

Thank you.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.