Antique Furniture/James S. Topham Foot Locker with lock fitting missing barrel key, Civil War Era?

Question
Identifying Elements- One of Two
Identifying Elements-  

Front View- Two of Two
Front View- Two of Two  
Hello Mr. Klein,

I found this foot locker at an estate sale this weekend, it has been gently cleaned and waxed. The dimensions are 33.25"L x 14.25"H x 15"W. When was it manufactured?
How would you set about replacing the missing barrel key?
Are these handles made of iron?
Has someone refinished it post-manufacture?

Thank you for your time,
Janene

Answer
I would like to refer you to another contributor on allexperts.com named Marvin Miller.  He is the absolute guy to go to about trunks.

Although there are several things I can tell you about your trunk, Mr. Miller is the guy!

http://www.allexperts.com/ep/682-121279/Collectibles-General-Antiques/Marvin-D-M

Thank you.

Antique Furniture

robert klein