Antique Furniture/Sewing Machine

Question
two
two  
one
one  
QUESTION: Greetings
I am trying to find out more about a sewing machine I have.  I have tried to determine a price too.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ANSWER: please use the followup function and post a picture showing a full view of the machine and cabinet.

On the piece of metal over the bobbin compartment check for patent dates, either on to p or on bottom of that piece of metal.  check under the machine itself as well.

thanks

1
1  

2
2  
QUESTION: 125336 Simanco appears to be the number on the bottom of the bobbin compartment

Answer
i was hoping that there would be patent dates, there usually are.  stamped into the metal showing month day and year and saying patent applied for or patent.

appears to be from around 1900. wood is walnut judging from the photos.

in shops they sell at 250-350.  prices are rising as more people are realizing how well these machines work.

we have restored several over the years at prices ranging from 350 to 750 but these were family pieces so they did not care that the restoration cons was higher than the resale value.

hope this helps.

you might find a web site or book that lists the serial numbers and dates which they were made.

what else did you want to know??
I will try to help further if I know what info you are seeking.

thanks  

Antique Furniture

robert klein