Antique Furniture/Sofa Table with butterfly leaf using "Pat Pending B Walter & Co" slides

Question
Sofa Table with Butterfly leaf
Sofa Table with Butter  
Hello,
I have been hunting for information on the age of this table as well as the value. My original intent was to paint the table in a distressed farmhouse look, but I would like to make sure I'm not making a mistake before I paint

I purchased this off a woman who had no information on the table. I had thought it was just an entryway table until I got home and found that the table actually has a wire with a ring attached to it. When the ring is pulled the table splits in half long ways. As the table opens you see metal arms folding outwards and locks into place. Doing this reveals the hidden leaf that is folded in half. Once open all the way the table is roughly the size of a kitchen table.

The only information is on the metal sliders that state "Pat Applied B Walter Wabash In"

Answer
Hi Brianna,

Your table is from the 1920's and is in the Jacobean style.
I feel if you paint the table you will destroy what value the table has.
You need to learn to appreciate the beauty of the wood and not a painted finish.

The value of this table is $75. to $100.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III