Antique Furniture/Antique Buffet, Server & Table w/ 6 chairs

Buffet piece
Buffet piece  

Buffet - inner drawer
Buffet - inner drawer  
Good day! Bought this for my wife at a Garage Sale 4 years ago. Paid few hundred dollars,  but cannot determine it's age, the wood or style.

The chairs we were told had been recovered. There is veneer on the backs of the chairs, some has come off yet we have majority of what did peel off. The table was purchased (has 2 leaves that fit into middle) with one side having some water damage with slight warp, and is in our garage due to being too large for our current home.

There is 1 picture with a mark I found, however it appears to be double branded over itself so I cannot make out the words or letters.

Appreciate any information you can provide me. Wife loves it and we don't have plans of parting with them.

Have photos of server, table and few chairs if you need more.

Hello JC,

I appears that your furniture was made by the Kittinger Furniture Co. in Buffalo, New York,
according to the label which is hard to read.

Kittinger made pieces like yours in the 1920's to appeal to folks who were buying English style houses in the suburbs at that time. The table is referred to as a Refractory table. The style
is a throwback to the Jacobean period in England.

Today there is not much demand for this heavy style of furniture and I see it selling at low

I value your set at $880. to $1,000.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.