Antique Furniture/Antique chair

front view of chair
front view of chair  
chair side view
chair side view  
I would like to learn information about this chair that I own.  I would like the style of chair, the approximate age and value.  It belonged to my father's family in Martinsville Virginia where there were a number of well known furniture factories in the late 1800's and early 1900's and members of my family worked there in companies such as American Furniture and Bassett. I just have no idea what the age and style of this chair is and I have tried to find it but have not been able to.  I would appreciate any information you may be able to provide and thank you very much for your time.   Andria

ANSWER: use the followup function and post picture of the rear and a better picture of the wood

chair wood
chair wood  

back of chair
back of chair  
QUESTION: Thank you for your help, here is a picture of the wood and the back of the chair. I love this chair and the fact it's been in our family for years but have been very interested in exactly what type of chair it is and the age, etc.

Teh picture of the wood is not in focus so I cannot help with that.

the chair appears to be a high end chair in design and style.  It is a mix of styles which is called colonial revival.

Without seeing the interior of the seat rails so view constructions at the intersections, dating accurately is limited.  It does have everything that I would place at the earliest 1915-1920s.

hope this helps.  If you ever have it recovered please take pictures of all the unseen areas and send to me.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.