Antique Furniture/Curious about this rocking chair.

Question
Rocking chair.
Rocking chair.  

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
Hello. I found this rocking chair that my neighbour wanted to throw out. I would like to reupholster it and sell it. Unless it's better to leave it in original condition. I am curious as to what period this piece was made. Also what type of wood it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced.

Answer
1900-1920s

probably birch and/or figured birch, slat probably mahogany veneer.

it isnt in original condition now as someone over the years has recoated although it was very dark originally.  if you are not a skilled restorer do not do anything.  recover the seat and sell for 200-250.

Antique Furniture

robert klein