Antique Furniture/Drop Leaf Secretary

Question
Open desk
Open desk  

Closed desk
Closed desk  
Hello,

My mother has e an antique secretary desk from my grandparents. I believe it is from the 1940's and appears to be solid wood. It has 3844 Mahg written on the back. Has 2 glass doors to protect contents on the 3 inside shelves. There are 4 drawers on the bottom of the desk and claw feet. The drop down desk features several mail slots, and 3 drawers.
The overall condition is good, with some areas of wear/scratches, the latch on the drop leaf is missing, one of the spiral circles at the top is missing but there is no warping or significant damage such as large chips or gouges.

I'm hoping for any additional information and an approximate selling price.

Answer
Hi Diane,

Yes, your Secretary would have been made in the 19140's out of mahogany.
The quality is of a production piece of furniture and not a true bench made
reproduction of a period secretary.

With its flaws I fee the desk has a value of $275. - $300.

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III