Antique Furniture/Empire Revival Chair

Empire Revival Chair
Empire Revival Chair  
After asking a different expert on here about the style of chair my Mother had left, I was looking online to find similar chairs of this style. I was given an estimated auction price of $25 to $50. How then, is the rocker of the same style valued at $350? Is it because it is a rocking chair? or the finish?

you will have to provide a picture of the one priced at 350 so i can compare.

One of the factors on value is 'what value' an as value, a cleaned up and waxed value, wholesale value, retail value, type of shop from which it would be sold?

auction pricing on the one you have pictured might go higher at auction, again, it depends on the auction.  Might not even sell or it might go at 100.

If you use the followup function and post a picture of the chair to which you are comparing I can be more helpful and perhaps explain better.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.