Antique Musical Instruments/Pierre Bernette Clarinet

milandro wrote at 2015-03-22 12:30:02
I have a bass-clarinet marked Pierre Bernette Artiste and then some less than distinguishable writings which might be Made in France stamped twice/ My clarinet bears the low serial number 0009. I have not been able to find any other reference to the Pierre Bernette brand other than they were a woodwind instrument maker in Paris but we already knew that from the writings. My clarinet is certainly old, good quality instrument and has some mechanical traits similar to Buffet.

I am selling mine for 900 but it is a bass clarinet in good playing state. Yours might be worth considerably less  

Antique Musical Instruments

I have been fixing and reselling flutes (both young and old!) for the last 5 years and occasionally some other woodwinds on occasion. I've been well acquainted with antique oboes, clarinets, and most flutes (including piccolos and fifes) and should be able to help with most questions.

A few years ago, I attended a technical college for a band instrument repair course. After I left the college, I began educating myself on antique flutes, clarinets and oboes and continue to try helping people with their instruments. I'm able to provide an estimate of the value of the instrument(s) as well as an estimate for restoration of the instrument(s). If you have a very important question and/or I haven't written back to your question within a few days, please feel free to give me a call at any time on my cell phone: 570-236-7054. Thanks!