Antique Musical Instruments/Buescher Alto Sax

brian wrote at 2013-04-10 20:25:12
Actually this horn dates later than 1914.  Check your serial number on as I believe it is from the late 1920s.  In my opinion your horn is one of the best altos made and if your granddad played with Les Brown he must have been one heck of a player.  Thanks for showing us your treasure, don't ever let anybody talk you into selling it!

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.