Antique Musical Instruments/Mandolin

Stephen wrote at 2009-12-27 23:32:58
Hi there, i came across this post whilst looking for information on my mandolin. I picked it up at my local antique shop. The name on the headstock says Beare Sole Distributers. The sticker inside is  quite deteriorated but i can make out the name Reghin which would possibly suggest that this was made in romania?

I found a website for a company called Hora based in Reghin who seem to make similar styled instruments.

Any way i have uploaded a few pics of the mandolin.

http://img69.imageshack.us/g/dsc00087lm.jpg/

Any more information would be great.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Belfast  

G.Bertin wrote at 2014-08-20 20:58:11
I also have a B&S parlor style guitar C/W the original canvas and cardboard case that opens from the bottom. this is the first time I heard anyone talk of this make. My guitar plays beautifully and sounds so nice with a glass slide. I have no idea what it's worth. I have a feeling that B&S may have been commissioned to build some of these instruments to be ordered in catalogues back in the day especially here in the Great white north. If Jim knows anything more about my guitar I would love to hear some more.

Thx. George Bertin

Antique Musical Instruments

Jim Garber