Antique Musical Instruments/penzel Mueller clarinet

Barb wrote at 2009-03-03 21:48:20
I just bought a Penzel-Mueller as well, with the serial number M4081B.  It is missing a mouthpiece but I don't know how to buy one.  Would this likely be a B-Flat instrument?

Barbara Cannas

alex wrote at 2012-12-12 23:16:01
these clarinets are the hardest to get information on because they have not been in business since 1950. the serial number points to pre war era and the extra key is most likely an articulated C#/G# key. pictures would be great. hope this helps

Antique Musical Instruments

Suzie

I have been fixing and reselling flutes (both young and old!) for the last 5 years and occasionally some other woodwinds on occasion. I've been well acquainted with antique oboes, clarinets, and most flutes (including piccolos and fifes) and should be able to help with most questions.

A few years ago, I attended a technical college for a band instrument repair course. After I left the college, I began educating myself on antique flutes, clarinets and oboes and continue to try helping people with their instruments. I'm able to provide an estimate of the value of the instrument(s) as well as an estimate for restoration of the instrument(s). If you have a very important question and/or I haven't written back to your question within a few days, please feel free to give me a call at any time on my cell phone: 570-236-7054. Thanks!

*****PLEASE ONLY SEND FLUTE, CLARINET, PICCOLO, FIFE, OBOE & SAXOPHONE QUESTIONS!*****