Antique Musical Instruments/antique flute

Mary A. Stout wrote at 2016-03-13 19:42:32
I have my mother's Pedler Premier flute #2903.  She paid $65 for it in 1933. In '52 I began playing it.  In '68 I marched in the rain @ a bowl game & the pads were ruined.  In '71 I had the pads replaced.  I still play in area churches.   I enjoy hearing the tunes & so do the congregations.  

Mary A. Stout wrote at 2016-03-13 19:46:34
I forgot to say the one of the Pedler brothers replaced my pads in 1971.  The band director of the school where I was teaching took my flute to a summer repair session and told me that Mr Pedler did the work and that he cried because it had been so long since he had seen one of his flutes!

Antique Musical Instruments

Suzie

I have been fixing and reselling flutes (both young and old!) for the last 5 years and occasionally some other woodwinds on occasion. I've been well acquainted with antique oboes, clarinets, and most flutes (including piccolos and fifes) and should be able to help with most questions.

A few years ago, I attended a technical college for a band instrument repair course. After I left the college, I began educating myself on antique flutes, clarinets and oboes and continue to try helping people with their instruments. I'm able to provide an estimate of the value of the instrument(s) as well as an estimate for restoration of the instrument(s). If you have a very important question and/or I haven't written back to your question within a few days, please feel free to give me a call at any time on my cell phone: 570-236-7054. Thanks!

*****PLEASE ONLY SEND FLUTE, CLARINET, PICCOLO, FIFE, OBOE & SAXOPHONE QUESTIONS!*****