Antique Musical Instruments/Win L Peters violin

Brad wrote at 2013-12-25 04:26:21
If this violin was ever in William L Peters' hands, it's from before his violinmaking career really was established.  As such it would have some importance to his history even if it was just a factory instrument that he relabeled.  There is some chance that the label is not genuine also.  Could you post some more pictures of the instrument and the label?

Antique Musical Instruments

Michael Avagliano

I can answer questions about the violin family of instruments, including violins, violas, cellos and their bows. I can give advice on repair issues, valuation, and authenticity, although exact appraisals are not possible through the Web. If you'd like an appraisal of a particular instrument, and you tell me your location, I can usually find someone in your area to take it to for help. I have no expertise in fretted instruments (guitars, mandolins, etc.).

17 years of experience working in violin shops across the US, including 4 years of owning my own firm in New Jersey and 3 years working as director of sales for one of the best-known firms in the world. Also, as a professional musician, I've known the violin all my life.

BM, Indiana University School of Music; AS, String Instrument Technology, Indiana University; MM, Rutgers University. I also have spent 24 years as a professional violinist and violist, and 17 years repairing, restoring, and dealing in instruments.