Antique Musical Instruments/trumpet made by Wm. Frank

Gerard wrote at 2013-07-06 18:44:22
I also own one of these trumpets, purchased from an old couple during their yard sale for $25 in 1975.  I went on to play the horn for three years until my father bought me a new Conn Student.   I still own the Biltmore model and understand that the company closed pre-WWII.

It has the mother of pearl valve tops and has some sort of moisture growth/stain, but completely operational.   it still uses the original case and red velvet casing.

When the PBS Antique Roadshow was here one of their MC's said the Biltmore was a cheap entry model and not valued over $100.   I didn't like that answer!   If the condition was considered a 6 of 10, over 80yrs old, and still playable wouldn't it be worth more than that?

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott