Antique Musical Instruments/trumpet made by Wm. Frank

Gerard wrote at 2013-07-06 18:44:22
I also own one of these trumpets, purchased from an old couple during their yard sale for $25 in 1975.  I went on to play the horn for three years until my father bought me a new Conn Student.   I still own the Biltmore model and understand that the company closed pre-WWII.

It has the mother of pearl valve tops and has some sort of moisture growth/stain, but completely operational.   it still uses the original case and red velvet casing.

When the PBS Antique Roadshow was here one of their MC's said the Biltmore was a cheap entry model and not valued over $100.   I didn't like that answer!   If the condition was considered a 6 of 10, over 80yrs old, and still playable wouldn't it be worth more than that?

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.