Antique Musical Instruments/1952 violin

philip wrote at 2011-01-13 22:09:43
I have the same violin made by Otto K Anderson in Cleveland in 1951. I bought it 20 years ago for $1800

BJ Berman wrote at 2016-08-23 05:06:25
I knew Otto very well. My father, Louis Berman, played Andersons from 1936 until 1976. His first one was completed in 1936 and my fathetr played it in the Cleveland Orchestra until 1946, then in the Curtis String Quartet until 1954.

I began playing one in 1954 myself and continued until 1971.

If anyone would like more info I can give you what I recall from those days.

Antique Musical Instruments

Marcin Puszka

I could answer for the questions about rare and antique instruments used in many european cultures (especially Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Germany, United Kingdonm and France). You could ask me about how to play on that, how it's work and where you can get instrument. Also you can ask me about history of instruments and some technical questions. I know well stringed instruments, but you can also ask me about non-stringed. Please don't ask about pianos and other key instruments.

I play in polish band on many forgotten and old instruments, sometimes on self-made things like hurdy-gurdy, mandolas etc. Also I born in the very musical family and I work on the local radio and making own programme about old folk music.

- ACK "Chatka aka" Lublin (PL) - Centre of Culture, Lublin (PL) - Radio "Centrum" Lublin 98,2 FM (PL) - Orkiestra w. Mikoaja (St. Nicholas Orchestra), Lublin (PL)

I work in environment of experienced folk musicians and instrument makers. Also I have a experience in building old instruments and renovation.