Antique Musical Instruments/Cavalier Mellophone

I have a Cavalier E flat Mellophone and I'm wondering if you can tell me when it was made.  The serial number is 09520.  Is there a web site where I can find more information about this instrument.  Thank you.

The Cav. is a sub-line of a second line (Pan American) of the Conn Company.  Pan American used a different serial number sequence than did Conn.  And, the Pan AM serials have not been as well researched as has the Conn sequence.  

The Pan Am and Cav. lines differed from the Conn line, mostly by decoration and extras.  They were basic but solidly built quality instruments.  

Yours likely dates to the mid 1920s.

Here are WEB sites with more information.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.