Antique Musical Instruments/carl fisher corenet

James Simpson wrote at 2013-04-13 15:56:41
I've encountered Carl Fischer imports a fee times. One of his first imports was from the London F. Besson factory.

It is worth keeping a saved search on eBay for Carl Fischer (and also the common mis-spelling Carl Fisher) to see if horns like yours come up for sale. Given the differences in style (eg fluting on pinky hols, water valves, valve caps, buttons and pipe arrangements) between manufacturers, you can often make a reasonable identification of the manufacturer visually.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.