Antique Musical Instruments/Olds Trombone

Can you tell me everything you know about an Olds Trombone with serial number 631. Is worth anything? the brass is a little dull and the case is rough. Around the bell, it says H.E. OLDS&SON but i don't know what else it says.

Well, there is a problem here.   Back when SN631 was made, the company was named FE Olds.  It didn't become Olds and Son until 1931.  And, by then serial numbers were up to around 7700.  

So, it is difficult to say more about it without knowing what it really is.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.