Antique Musical Instruments/Buescher Valve Trombone

I  have a Buescher Valve Trombone, serial # 14313 and is made of silver with some brass. I would like to know its value and vintage and perhaps a little history. Sincerely, Diann

I have a Buescher Valve Trombone a little older than yours.  It plays amazingly well for a horn of its age and assuming yours in good condition, I would expect that it plays well.  I'm particularly impressed with the quality of the valves.  Yours dates to around 1911.  If the brass you referred to is on the inside of the bell, it could very likely be a gold wash rather than brass.  Buescher made both a long model and a short model. The long model was basically the shape of a slide trombone.   The short model was wrapped a little tighter.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.