Antique Musical Instruments/E flat Alto Horn Marked Goumat & Co Paris

Would the Paris location make this horn more authentic than those that you attribute to Jenkins and B and Fuchs?  Quality?  Desirability?

There was no authentic maker called Goumat.  I'm not sure how they got away with putting Paris on them.  I've seen speculation that they shipped them from Czechoslovakia, through France.  But don't know that to be the case.  The closest actual maker in Paris was named Goumas - but he was primarily a woodwind maker.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.