Antique Musical Instruments/lyon&healyslide trombone

Slide Trombone
Slide Trombone  
I have a Lyon&Healy slide trombone, seem to be silver, and is engraved Lyon&Healy American Professional Chicago with flowers and some other engravings. its in a beat up case with green velvet inside. I've tried looking for serial# or other info but dont know where to begin.

I don't think you are going to find one.  And, even if you did, it wouldn't provide any information.  Most of Lyon and Healy instruments were imported, and made by a variety of makers.  

Only a small proportion of L&H instruments have meaningful serial numbers in terms of getting an estimate on when they were made.  It is the Own Make model which Lyon and Healy actually did make.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.