Antique Musical Instruments/old silver trumpet

Question
Vintage Trumpet
Vintage Trumpet  
I purchased an old trumpet from a yard sale.  It is silver, and on the front by the bell is etched "Sir Walter" in a very nice etched frame.  The number on it reads R14591.  I would appreciate any information that you may have on this trumpet as I am unable to locate this online; such as year made, mfg, and if the "Sir Walter" means anything or maybe perhaps it is just the original owners name.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Vicki

Answer
I have an image of a Sir Walter Cornet in our database, but don't know anything about it.  I have to assume that it is a store brand name for a music dealer.  The serial number with the preceding R, was used by Conn, Buescher, and Selmer for some of their products.  So, I would guess it was probably made by one of them, but without further clues, I can't speculate any further.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott