Antique Musical Instruments/Victory USA cornet

I have a silver plated cornet with Victory USA engraved on the bell.  I have searched all over the Internet and I can't find out any information on this instrument.  I would like to know who manufactured it and when it was made.  It has a four digit serial number on the valve casing, 59XX.

Primarily The Oliver Ditson company used the model name Victory.  So, I would suspect it may have been one of his products. However, his products usually listed Boston for a location.  If it is a Ditson, it would date back to the 1930's or earlier.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.