Antique Musical Instruments/French horn made in Italy

I just acquired a French Horn. From what I can make out on the bell it says:
Made in Italy, Preziato Stabile, Cazani & Vilacio, portazion, Mondiale, A. Rampone, ditte, Rinnite. It loos to be at least 50 years old. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The original Rampone and Cazzani companies date back to the mid 1800s. After a marriage, the two companies merged around 1910.  And, in the first part of the 20th Century, they prospered.  But then the company began to decline and was in near bankruptcy in 1957.  It was purchased by Femando Sallamerenda. They continue to make a full line of wind instruments

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.