Antique Musical Instruments/Sousaphone

I need to raise money for a good cause and a gentleman gave me an old brass/silver sousaphone.  It has an inscription on the bell:
F Jaubert-et-Cie  PARIS
It's a 24" Bell and has a 5 3/4" Collar
Mouthpiece included.  Also, it is in an old, musty case.

Not knowing really how to go about selling it, I was wondering if you had any suggestions.  Can you give me a rough estimate to ask for it?  Any help or advice you can give would be GREATLY appreciated!  

Janet Mogavero

This horn has a couple of things against it. Jaubert were durable old imported instruments, but they don't command a lot of respect or interest. In addition I suspect this horn is in the key of Eb which few people play anymore and it may be pitched higher than modern bands play.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.