Antique Musical Instruments/Lortay Cornet or Trumpet

Question
Lortay Trumpet
Lortay Trumpet  

Lortay Bell
Lortay Bell  
I have a cornet or trumpet (probably a trumpet) with the mark of LORTAY on the bell. It came with a Higham Model mouthpiece that appears to be original to the horn. It appears to be quite old. I cannot find any reference to Lortay musical instruments online. It might be a horn from Higham out of Manchester England. if so then their USA agent was Lyon & Healy Central Agents Chicago.

Answer
It  appears to be a early 20th Century cornet.  I'm not familiar with the brand, but I would expect that it is probably a stencil and not a manufacturer but rather a dealer.  I've not seen any Highams in that configuration but it is certainly possibly that they did make some.  But, it is probably much more likely that a previous owner simply swapped out mouthpieces.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott