Antique Musical Instruments/Goumat & Co horn

I have a Goumat & Co (Fully Warranted) horn - looks like a small upright Besson baritone - 3 valves and silver plated - the only numbers on it are located on the valves - 60 59 58
         9 (this number is on the second valve below the 59.)

Can you tell me anything about it?

There is some speculation that this was an attempt to appear similar to the name of a maker Goumas.   But it was a tradename used by the J.W. Jenkins Co, of Kansas City Mo.  Jenkins was a dealer, and sold instruments made by a variety of makers, but generally his imports were made by Bohland and Fuchs.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.