Antique Musical Instruments/Holton Cornet

Hi: Just found your site. At age 11 (1938) my cornet teachers, (husband & wife) were conert players, she taught me.  I've played until about 15 years ago. My Cornet is in VG condition but I'd like to sell it.  Do you know where to start? I play piano and do not intent to go back, even tho' I loved playing, lost my lip.
How does one equate value?  The Serial number is: 130339.  I'm originally from NJ so it was purchased back East.
Hope you will reply to me and will appreciate any reply you will give.  Thank You, A music lover

It is hard to do better than use eBay to sell your horn.  You can check completed auctions to see what horns similar to yours go for.  And, you get a very wide set of potential buyers on eBay.  Just make sure you provide clear pictures, and an accurate description.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.