Antique Musical Instruments/repertory for double bell euphonium

May I ask you where I can find a repertory list for Double Bell Euphonium.

Thanks for any help!

Steve Lepp

This site is more about the instruments than the music, but I think there is a very limited amount written specifically for the DB.  The instrument was more of the ultimate status symbol than anything that was seriously used as a distinct instrument.  

The two bells have their uses, when the DB wants to blend with the trombones for instance.  But generally it is just a heavy euphonium.  (Doesn't mean that I don't have any!)  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.