Antique Musical Instruments/what is this?

Question
horn
horn  
I received this from my grandmother and I have no idea what it is...can you help?

Answer
Pictures can sometimes be deceiving, but this appears to me to be a Couturier conical bore Alto horn.  They are a relatively uncommon horn in that the maker was trying to maximize the amount of conical tubing contained within the horn.  The idea was to get the more mellow tone produced by conical tubing.  On the other side, the alto horn is pretty much retired as far as a horn played in modern bands, so it has fewer people interested in them as compared with other instruments.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott