Antique Musical Instruments/j&c fischer

My buddy has a j&c fischer serial number 95545 and has had trouble finding any kind of information about it such as age. Can you help?

That's because you really can't establish anything with a Fischer serial number.  If there is any chronological significance to their serial numbers, no one has been able to decipher it.  The best bet is to make some rough generalizations from the construction of the instrument itself.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.