Antique Musical Instruments/Supertone Bandmaster Trumpet

I have a Supertone Bandmaster Trumpet made in Elhart , IN with the serial # 6577.  Do you know the year in which it was made?  Also, do you know if Superton and Buescher are the same company?  Both trumpets I have were made in Elkhart, IN and have the same markings on them.  The Buescher I have was made in 1914 with the serial # 23588.  They are both beautiful horns.

The Supertone was a line of instruments sold by Sear, Robuck & Co.  In the 1930's they discontinued using Supertone. Sears never made their own instruments, and had a variety of suppliers.  Supertone and Buescher were not the same company, but it is possible that their products were from the same manufacturer.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.