Antique Musical Instruments/York and sons single valve trombone

Question
I have a York and sons f attachment trombone with a valve for a trigger and USQMC stamped on the bell, so far I have never seen one like it. #on the slide is 52655, 1900 to 1912 is there a way to trace this horn to where it was during war time? And how rare is this guy? Thanks hope this question is fun.

Answer

I've only seen one other.  So, it's pretty rare.  It had a slightly higher serial number, but it was also a USQMC instrument.  I would date it to 1918.  So, IF it made it to the war, it would have been at the end.  The other one I've seen would have been after the war.  There is really no way to trace it's history if the provenance hasn't been maintained with the horn.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott