Antique Musical Instruments/Cavalier Trumpet serial # date

Question
Trying to figure out the possible date on a Cavalier trumpet I have with serial # 03698    The engraving of a man on a horse above Cavalier and Elkhart, Ind. also on the bell

Answer
Cavalier was a sub brand of Pan American which was a student line for Conn.  That doesn't mean that it is a lessor instrument, just that they had different marketing ideas for the brand.  

Cavalier used a different serial number sequence than other Conn products, and we are still trying to work that out.  Cavalier line was started in 1931.   They had 3 models of trumpets, the 92B, 94B and 96B.  Additionally, they had the 90A cornet that is often mistaken for a trumpet.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott