Antique Musical Instruments/Antique trumpet

Question
I was helping my parents clean their garage, when we came across my grandfather's trumpet he played in high school. We are nit looking to sell it, just curious. It is Martin, Elkhart,IN, 110578...what can you tell us about it, and where would be a good place to get it appraised? (not on eBay)
Thank you,
D. Hartzell

Answer
It dates to around 1934.  You may want to talk to a local service personnel to see who they may recommend in your area to do an evaluation.  In addition to what model it may be, it is also going to depend on its condition, internally as well as externally.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott