Antique Musical Instruments/Antique trumpet

I was helping my parents clean their garage, when we came across my grandfather's trumpet he played in high school. We are nit looking to sell it, just curious. It is Martin, Elkhart,IN, 110578...what can you tell us about it, and where would be a good place to get it appraised? (not on eBay)
Thank you,
D. Hartzell

It dates to around 1934.  You may want to talk to a local service personnel to see who they may recommend in your area to do an evaluation.  In addition to what model it may be, it is also going to depend on its condition, internally as well as externally.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.