Antique Musical Instruments/York trumpet

Question
York trumpet
York trumpet  

york Trumpet
york Trumpet  
I have a York trumpet, serial #122135, that is a little different. At first I thought it was a left handed trumpet, but it isn't. The tubing on the second valve is on the opposite side and the horn is slightly twisted to the right. The bell is on the right side of the valves. Hopefully the photos will help explain my explanation. What can you tell me about this horn. Is it rare?

Answer
It is the York Airflow that was first produced shortly before the company was sold to the Carl Fischer Company in 1940.  Yours dates to 1939.  It is considered by many to be the finest trumpet produced by York.  I don't have any information on how many were made, but they are collectible.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott