Antique Musical Instruments/York trumpet

York trumpet
York trumpet  

york Trumpet
york Trumpet  
I have a York trumpet, serial #122135, that is a little different. At first I thought it was a left handed trumpet, but it isn't. The tubing on the second valve is on the opposite side and the horn is slightly twisted to the right. The bell is on the right side of the valves. Hopefully the photos will help explain my explanation. What can you tell me about this horn. Is it rare?

It is the York Airflow that was first produced shortly before the company was sold to the Carl Fischer Company in 1940.  Yours dates to 1939.  It is considered by many to be the finest trumpet produced by York.  I don't have any information on how many were made, but they are collectible.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.