Antique Musical Instruments/Martin Band Instrument Co. trumpet

Question
Dear sir, I have a trumpet that was given to me as a child,I am now 65 years old, and want to learn to play it. I was told it belonged to my grandfather. It is a Martin Band Instrument made in Elkhart Ind. The ser. number is 15396. I would very much appreciate any information you might know. Also the case is in pretty bad shape is there someone who can restore it. Thank you and thank you for your particapation in this web site.

Answer
That would be an old one.  I'd estimate about 1918.  

Cases generally don't last as well as the instruments.  I don't know of anyone who would restore a case.  You may want to consider a Gig Bag.  They give protection, and some aren't as expensive as new cases.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott