Antique Musical Instruments/Pedler open holed silver clarinet

QUESTION: I have an open holed Pedler clarinet.  I'm trying to determine if it is silver plated or sterling (it is tarnished if that's any help).  I have a serial #22376. Can you refer me to any source who might be able to determine if this instrument is sterling silver and/or has any real value?

ANSWER: Hello and thank you for writing! Can you attach a few photos of your clarinet? As far as I am aware all Pedler metal clarinets were silcer or nickel plated. Best wishes! ModernFlute

Mouth piece
Mouth piece  

partial body shot
partial body shot  
QUESTION: Per your request, attached are several pictures including the serial #.

Hello and thank you for the photos! Only two showed up in our end however that was sufficient to determine that your clarinet is silver plated with nickel plated keywork. The keys (you referred to them as "open hole") are traditional Boehm system configuration and still used today. Please let us know if you have any other questions! Best of luck with your clarinet! ModernFlute

Antique Musical Instruments

We specialize in antique flutes & piccolos, antique clarinets, as well as simple system and more modern woodwind instruments. Feel free to ask and if we cannot assist you we have several knowledgeable buddies that we can consult with to point you to the right direction. We can provide estimates on value, repair services, repair quotes for restoration(s), as well as offering consignment services to those in need. *Depending on the amount of time needed to determine an accurate real-time value of your musical instrument, we may encourage a small donation (generally about $5) for our time to do research for you. Donations will be distributed to our team member who contributed the information that was beneficial to you directly.

We have been researching antique woodwind musical instruments for around 14 years now and specialize in woodwind instruments (primarily flutes and clarinets). We enjoy helping folks find out if their instruments are worthy of restoration and becoming playable or if they, perhaps, are best left as-is. We have sold many woodwind musical instruments to customers around the world, donate a select few yearly to those in need who otherwise would go without, and have completed professional repair jobs for customers around the world who were unsure of where to ship their beloved instrument(s) to be fixed.

We have a small team of professional band repair technicians who take care in providing easy to understand information about musical instruments, their history, repair aspects, as well as consignment services to make life easier for everyone seeking information, etc. on their beloved heirlooms or even newly found instruments.

We have sold musical instruments, as well as provided beneficial information, to individuals from Kazakhstan to Alaska, Spain, the Virgin Islands, Greenland, Iceland, and many other countries from large to small!