Antique Musical Instruments/Buescher Soprano Sax

I am not sure this is part of your overall interest but I have a Buescher Soprano Sax that was mfg'd about 1923. Several people have asked about it and mention - is tuned to "C", "Eb", etc. It is a "Low Pitch, True Tone" with a serial no. of 128339. How do you determine the tone or any other pertinent info. should I decide to sell it?

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

ANSWER: Hello and welcome to AllExperts. Thank you for choosing us to help assist you with your saxophone! Can you tell me if there are any markings on your saxophone aside from the serial number such as any letters, LP, anything like that? Is it curved or a straight model? If it is straight (not curved) can you provide an overall length of the instrument assembled? Can you provide some photos? You are welcome to email photos through AllExperts or to us via email at and we will do our best to solve your saxophone mystery!! Have a great evening! -The Folks at

QUESTION: In response to your inquiry,  the sax is straight and measures approximately 24 inches including the original mouthpiece. Pictures were sent to info It also notes markings below the serial number.

Hello and thank you for your response and email! We have been swamped lately but will be getting back to you directly via email! Thank you for your patience! The staff!

UPDATE 3/29/2016: We decided to respond back to you through allexperts directly! The pitch of your saxophone is in C and pitched low at A-440hz. Thank you for your patience!

Antique Musical Instruments

We specialize in antique flutes & piccolos, antique clarinets, as well as simple system and more modern woodwind instruments. Feel free to ask and if we cannot assist you we have several knowledgeable buddies that we can consult with to point you to the right direction. We can provide estimates on value, repair services, repair quotes for restoration(s), as well as offering consignment services to those in need. *Depending on the amount of time needed to determine an accurate real-time value of your musical instrument, we may encourage a small donation (generally about $5) for our time to do research for you. Donations will be distributed to our team member who contributed the information that was beneficial to you directly.

We have been researching antique woodwind musical instruments for around 14 years now and specialize in woodwind instruments (primarily flutes and clarinets). We enjoy helping folks find out if their instruments are worthy of restoration and becoming playable or if they, perhaps, are best left as-is. We have sold many woodwind musical instruments to customers around the world, donate a select few yearly to those in need who otherwise would go without, and have completed professional repair jobs for customers around the world who were unsure of where to ship their beloved instrument(s) to be fixed.

We have a small team of professional band repair technicians who take care in providing easy to understand information about musical instruments, their history, repair aspects, as well as consignment services to make life easier for everyone seeking information, etc. on their beloved heirlooms or even newly found instruments.

We have sold musical instruments, as well as provided beneficial information, to individuals from Kazakhstan to Alaska, Spain, the Virgin Islands, Greenland, Iceland, and many other countries from large to small!