Antique Musical Instruments/An Old Trombone

The trombone in the case
The trombone in the ca  

The trombone
The trombone  
Hi Kenton,
My teacher have an old Conn trombone in a playable condition with the original case and mouthpiece, and we would like to know more about it's history.Serial number is 205210.

Thank You,
Amir Lekach Avivi.

I believe that is a 1923 18H Tait Model.  It should have inslide tuning and a .300 bore.  The 18H was made from 1919 -1923, when it was renamed Frisco Artist and continued to be manufactured until 1931.  The inslide tuning allowed for the whole bell section to be conical.  

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott

Please note: My area is BRASS instruments, not other wind, string or percussion instruments. I will provide information on antique, obscure and out of production BRASS instruments. 1) Please don't ask for evaluations, I'll not provide them on this site. 2) I am often asked very similar questions, so I'd invite you to first check on Much of the information I have garnered about this topic, I have posted on this WEB site.

I perform in several historical bands, have informally researched the area, repair brass instruments, and operate a Forum dedicated to the topic at

B.S. Ed, M.S.