Antique Musical Instruments/Rene Duval French Horn

Question
Hi, I have a Rene Duval double French Horn in brass, not polished, very good shape, with mechanical valves. I have had it for many years and believe it is approximately 60 70 years old. I am not trying to sell it, just wondering what the quality and rareity of this instrument is? Thanks, Steve Braidman

Answer
From what I have seen from Duval, it appears to be a tradename for some dealer.  At least some of the product line was made in Italy.    Other sources say Duval was in business in Paris in the 2nd quarter of the 20th Century.

The brand is obscure, but probably not high quality.

Antique Musical Instruments

Kenton Scott