Antique Musical Instruments/Unbranded Piccolo

Question
Antique Piccolo
Antique Piccolo  
I recently acquired a piccolo from a friend that is unbranded. I believe I have examined every inch of the piccolo and have found no markings. It is a little over 11 inches, but not 11 1/2. It has six open-holed keys and six metal keys. The body appears to be made from wood and the mouthpiece from bone or the like. Do you know any information about the piccolo that would be useful for me to play it? Or any information really.

Answer
**Update: We were finally able to put a fingering chart on our website for 6-key instruments! Feel free to check it out if you have not already! Best wishes!**

Hello and thank you for choosing ModernFlute for your expert today! Your piccolo appears to be an old Nach Meyer and, from the length you provided, the pitch should be in Db pitched around A-440hz. The 'bone' is ivory and wood is most likely ebony. Date of production of these flutes & piccolos was around the early 1900s. We are still currently working on putting together a chart for the old simple system flutes and piccolos but will be putting it on our website at http://www.modernflute.com . If it is not uploaded soon you are welcome to email us directly at info@modernflute.com for a chart to explain how to play your piccolo. Hope that helps! Have a great day! ~ Your experts at ModernFlute.com

Antique Musical Instruments

ModernFlute