Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Karastan Rugs3/11/2017Omri Schwartz
  Q: I'm trying to find the value of the following Karastan rugs: Number Description Size ...
  A: Sorry for not replying sooner, for some reason I never received your initial question (I only got ...
Antique Asian rug or Textile9/9/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: I bought this framed rug from an estate sale but I do not know what to search to find info, It looks ...
  A: I cant really make out what it is from the image you submitted. Can you please take better pictures ...
Olga Fisch 2x3 Rug/wall hanging7/23/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: My grandmother left this to me. It had been in storage for years and I just came across it. It has ...
  A: if you content any local and reputable rug dealer, I am sure they could take care of the cleaning ...
1930 Karastan Rug7/18/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: I am not sure how much help you can give me as my rug is still wrapped and I don't have a whole ...
  A: Karastan rugs are machine made carpets that were produced in very large numbers. Unfortunately, they ...
Textile6/18/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: Not sure if you can help me as I could not find any category with respect to textiles in general. I ...
  A: Unfortunately, I would need to see much better images of this textile to be able to assist you. My ...
Vintage Rug runner5/19/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: I am writing to inquire about a rug I recently acquired. I think it has a beautiful design and nice ...
  A: The more modern made rugs (such as this one) copy and re-invent patterns from all kinds of places ...
Quick Question for you2/3/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: I was looking for rugs on google today and I came across your posting here, ...
  A: Hey Clay, Thank you so much :) Feel free to ask me anything - all I can do is give you my honest ...
antique persian rug1/6/2016Omri Schwartz
  Q: good evening, i recently acquired this rug from a dealer and she said only thing she knows is that ...
  A: Well, the dealer was correct - it is a Persian rug and more than likely (base on the images ...
Cave Art Rug6/12/2015Omri Schwartz
  Q: Here is a photo of the cave art rug we spoke about. Please let me know if you can identify the ...
  A: I hope you had a lovely weekend and thank you for reaching out. At first glance, I thought you had a ...
Rug expert advice5/28/2015Omri Schwartz
  Q: I will appreciate if you can use your expertise to help us in determining what kind of rug we have, ...
  A: So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was away in Israel and got back just a few hours ...
Rug from Turkey? Follow up11/3/2014Omri Schwartz
  Q: Omri, I am following up on the questions you asked me the other day. The Rug is 7' by 4.10". I do ...
  A: Okay... So originally I thought your rug might be an Oushak but after seeing the detailed images, ...
Rug - from Turkey 1900's?10/29/2014Omri Schwartz
  Q: Omri, My sister has a rug that has been hanging on her wall for many years. Her husband was Polish ...
  A: Before I give you my thoughts I had a couple of questions: 1 - From the pictures, it looks like ...
is my antique rug worth saving/cleaning9/22/2014Omri Schwartz
  Q: A few years ago I purchased an antique runner from an estate sale because I loved the colors. Once I ...
  A: Well that is the nature of the tribal rugs - they, more than any other type, tend to be more warped. ...
Antique Persian Rugs9/19/2014Omri Schwartz
  Q: I purchased several oriental rugs from an estate auction around 10 years ago. I had them cleaned ...
  A: Yes, You can submit the images to this site and I will look them over and let you know what I ...
Tapestry3/4/2014Omri Schwartz
  Q: Omri, I have had this wall tapestry for the last 15 years. I found it in the attic of an old house I ...
  A: I hope you are doing well and thank you for reaching out. These types of Tapestries were ...
Tabriz Rug Question11/29/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: i hired someone from an antique rug store to come and appraise my rug yesterday. he told me it was ...
  A: I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I took a look at the images you provided and while I felt ...
value a rug?11/21/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: Our inherited 50 year old 12x8 foot oriental rug was damaged and subsequently destroyed before being ...
  A: So sorry you have to deal with this type of issue! The problem with these rugs is that they are not ...
Rug Covered Pillows9/20/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I recently bought two large (39 in x 19 in) pillows at an estate sale. The seller told me the owner ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I thought I had responded but I guess I forgot to click ...
Old Carpet9/18/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I will appreciate if you can help us finding what kind of carpets my family have (please see photos ...
  A: The first rug (the one with the blue background color) is a Persian Tabriz - by the looks of it, I ...
old Italian tapestry found in an old trunk9/3/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I have an old Italian tapestry in an old trunk in my attic and I was wondering if you could help me ...
  A: I will be happy to do my best :) Please submit an image so I could see what you have. An overall ...
Old rug8/8/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I recently picked up fragmented sections of an old rug that once measured over 15 feet long and more ...
  A: Now that is heart breaking!!!!!!! Based on the images, it looks like you have a late 19th century ...
Antique Rug7/17/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I just purchased what I believe to be an older rug. I have taken a picture of the pattern, a close ...
  A: ) Yes, I would need 2 more images - 1 should be a closeup image of the back / weave and the other ...
Antique rug7/13/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I recently picked up this rug and would like to learn more about it. Dimensions are 19ft 9in long ...
  A: Hope you are doing well :) Finally I see a pretty piece and it has age too! What you have is an ...
info on old tapestry if possible.7/11/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: Hey. I was given this tapestry when living on the isle of Iona, Scotland. It appears to be very ...
  A: Would you be able to submit larger images? I can see enough to know what I am looking at exactly. ...
any help with info on large tapestry6/15/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: Good day;I'm hoping you could give me a little info on a this Tapestry I have.I've got no idea of ...
  A: It is a bit hard to tell for the image you provided and I would normally need a picture of the weave ...
glass over frame tapestry3/31/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: My mother and father received two machine made tapestries as a wedding present - about 75 years ago. ...
  A: ) The Glass / No Glass Question - That is a personal preference. From a conservation point of ...
1944 Bagdad rugs3/24/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I have 3 multicoloured, wool rugs purchased in Baghdad in 1944. They are 4X6 feet each. I also have ...
  A: I Would need to see images of the rugs to be able to give you an estimate. (Please note that I ...
1790 kermanshah rug2/22/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I recently purchased a 1790 kermanshah rug from a local museum (philip Schuyler mansion in Albany ...
  A: ) Would you be able to submit a few images of the rug and the signature? Once I look them over I ...
carpet problem2/13/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: My wife and I purchase some new carpet that was professionally installed by the retail store who ...
  A: While I dont deal with carpeting I could do my best to help you out. Before we move forward, can you ...
Old Tapestry2/2/2013Hayk Oltaci
  Q: I bought this tapestry at an auction...Can you tell me anything about it. I believe it was made in ...
  A: I believe it is an English Tapestry circa 1880 and I do not know more about it! what is the size? 3 ...
Antique Tapestry2/2/2013Omri Schwartz
  Q: I acquired this tapestry from an auction the other day. I thought it was a neat piece. On the back ...
  A: It is very hard to tell exactly what it is based on the two images. But I showed it to a couple of ...
Wall Tapestry, Italy12/17/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: The merchant of the second-hand market that sell these two wall tapestries hasn't any information ...
  A: The images you provided make it a bit difficult to determine exactly what the origin, age and value ...
Antique Rug Identification11/18/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: Is this rug an antique, It seem very old. Does this rug have any value? The front of the rug is ...
  A: I hope you are doing well. The rug in the image is a Turkish Kilim (flat woven as opposed to hand ...
rug? coverlet?8/13/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: I have an interesting looking rug or coverlet, not sure what it is,or what country it came from. I ...
  A: Would you be able to email me directly a couple of pictures? It is a bit hard to tell from looking ...
Where to study carpet weaving?7/27/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: I am working on a fellowship project proposal to study carpet weaving abroad for one year. I am ...
  A: First off let me say that your project sounds fascinating and I hope to have the pleasure of reading ...
antique chinese rug with picture of ship5/29/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: I have two chinese silk rugs supposedly 100 plus years old ( I have owned them 50 years) and each ...
  A: Sorry it took me a day to respond. I was over seas and over the Atlantic when you posted the ...
Old rug3/26/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: Looking for information on my old rug. It measures about 4.5 feet by 6.5 feet. Appears to be wool ...
  A: I looked over the image and from what I can see, your rug is a Persian Heriz. It is not that old, my ...
Oriental Carpets3/26/2012Omri Schwartz
  Q: Trying to ID the region this carpet came from and its approximate age/value. From the back you can ...
  A: I hope you are doing well. I looked over the image you sent and from what I can see the rug is not ...
tapestries appraisal online9/2/2011Omri Schwartz
  Q: i have 3 beautiful tapestries and would be grateful if you could help in the online appraisals ...
  A: .. in order for me to give you an estimate I would first need to see images of your Tapestries. ...
Relative Humidity for Silk2/16/2011Omri Schwartz
  Q: Any chance that you happen to know the relative humidity range for silk? I'm trying to prevent the ...
  A: That is a very good question! At Nazmiyal we have a selection of antique rugs that are 100% and we ...

Page:    1  |  2   |  Next       All

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

Top Expert on this page