Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Wall Tapestry, Italy

Wall Tapestry 1
Wall Tapestry 1  

Wall Tapestry 2
Wall Tapestry 2  
The merchant of the second-hand market that sell these two wall tapestries hasn't any information useful to determinate the period or the material of them, she just knows these were part of an old house's badroom. they are about 80cm for 150cm and i would like to know more about them. if someone can tell me something including their possible value i'll be happy to read all of your comments.

Remember that these two wall tapestries are in Italy and were part of an old italian house.

Hi Irene,

Thank you for your question. The images you provided make it a bit difficult to determine exactly what the origin, age and value might be. But based on those pictures, they seem to be old machine made Italian Tapestries. If you have better images, and a couple of close up shots (as well as one from the back of the rug), it would help with making a better determination. If they are what they seem to be then they were probably made around 60 - 70 years ago and the resale value will not be significant (a few hundred dollars for each). But again, better images would be needed to make an erudite estimate.

Sorry I was not that helpful. In the mean time, if you want more information about Antique Tapestries, feel free to read:

All the best,

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.