Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/1790 kermanshah rug

Question
Hi Omri,

I recently purchased a 1790 kermanshah rug from a local museum (philip Schuyler mansion in Albany ny).

I can trace it back to a donation from the colonial dames.  At that point it was dated and identified as a circa 1790 kermanshah.

My questions are:

1.  Does the dating seem accurate?
2.  Is this a kermanshah?
3.  Can you read the inscription?   I had it translated twice with 2 different answers.
4.  What is a good ballpark estimate for this rug?

Please email me and I'll send you pics.

Thanks!

Answer
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question :) Would you be able to submit a few images of the rug and the signature? Once I look them over I could give you more information.

In the meantime, here is some information about Kerman Rugs -

http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/antique-rugs/kerman/

All the best,

Omri Schwartz
http://nazmiyalantiquerugs.com/

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz