Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration/Antique Tapestry

Tapestry 1
Tapestry 1  

Tapestry tag
Tapestry tag  
I acquired this tapestry from an auction the other day.  I thought it was a neat piece.  On the back is a manufacture tag that has a coat of arms with dieu et mon droit written on it.  It also say's I believe Patent Mosaic with a pattern number of 98 and color number 2752.  The tag is in poor shape so it is hard to figure out any other information on the tag.  I am curious as if you know the manufacture and time period of this piece and approximate value.

Thank you very much,

Hi Duane,

Thank you for your question. It is very hard to tell exactly what it is based on the two images. But I showed it to a couple of colleagues and we all pretty much feel the same... It looks like this is a machine made piece and is most likely just a section / fragment of the original.

It does not have much resale value and might be a Wilton but not 100% sure.

Hope I was helpful.

All the best,

Antique Rugs, Carpets & Restoration

Omri Schwartz

I have not yet come across any antique rug related questions that if I did not know I could not find the right answer for. I have been interviewed by numerous antique rug websites, blogs, and magazines and am consistently referred to as a source for information on antique rugs, carpets, and textiles.

I have been in the antique rug trade for over 13 years and deal regularly with the most well respected auction houses in the world (Sotheby's, Christies, Butterfield's & Bonham's, etc.) as well as interior designers and decorators, retail customers, and other dealers. I also purchase fine antique pieces and have traveled the world in search of the best of the best.

Antique Oriental Rugs by Nazmiyal

I have sold fine antique rugs for over 13 years and continue to deal with them on a daily basis. Since this is my career, I make it my prerogative to know everything there is about what I do and the pieces I deal with.